The Group & Events Assistant Manager will enhance resort’s setting by focusing on the groups in-house, ensuring they have a successful meeting and/or event at the resort.
He/She will work as part of the Group & Events team and closely to the manager of the department but also with Sales, Catering, Banquet, and additional departments as needed to execute a high standard of organization and guest service throughout the convention and banquet area.
- Ensures that events progress seamlessly by following established procedures, collaborating with other employees, and ensuring accuracy.
- Greets customer during the event phase and hands-off to the Event Operations team for the execution of details.
- Adheres to all standards, policies, and procedures.
- Ensures billing accuracy and conducts bill reviews with the clients prior to processing the final bill.
- Identifies operational challenges associated with his/her group and determines how to best work with the property staff and customer to solve these challenges\ and/or develop alternative solutions.
- Empowers employees of the department to provide excellent customer service.
- Coordinates and communicates event details both verbally and in writing to the customer and property operations.
- Responds to and handles guest issues and complaints.
- Conducts formal pre- and post-event meetings as required to review/communicate group needs and feedback.
- Leads formal pre-event and post-event meetings for average to large-sized assigned groups.
Facilitates various meetings as he/she perceives necessary (Banquet Event Order meeting, block review, etc).
- Works with the property staff and customers to address operational challenges associated with his/her group.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; at least 2 year experience in the event management or related professional area is required
- Effective communication in Greek & English language (verbal, listening, writing)
- Strong customer development and relationship skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Adaptability and problem solving attitude, decision making is required
- Knowledge of menu, food, banquet and event service operations
- Ability to use Microsoft office application and hotel systems such as Opera, Protel
- Team player yet able to work independently
Navarino Dunes offers:
- Chance to be developed within the most innovative operator of lifestyle hospitality brands in the world.
- Οn going training opportunities.
- Accommodation in the vicinity of Navarino Dunes (for non – Messinian residents).
- Meals within the premise.
- Private Medical Plan.
- Use of Navarino Dunes Facilities, according to the relevant policies.
Please note: CVs not fulfilling the above prerequisites won’t be taken under consideration.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please send an English resume and a photograph.
Σχετικά με Costa Navarino
Costa Navarino is the new prime destination in the Mediterranean, with a strong commitment to sustainable practices and environmental responsibility.
Located in the Greek region of Messinia in southwest Peloponnese, Costa Navarino is set against a backdrop of unspoiled, breathtaking seaside scenery and 4,500 years of history.
Costa Navarino currently comprises two luxury Marriott properties, The Westin Resort Costa Navarino and The Romanos, a Luxury Collection Resort, offering a total of 766 guestrooms, suites and villas, a state-of-the-art 5000m2 House of Events conference center, the Anazoe Spa & Thalassotherapy, two signature golf courses, exquisite gourmet dining venues, shops and boutiques, first class children’s facilities and multiple sports and activities.